TSSOCA has initiated Organic Certification by establishing Telangana State Organic Certification Agency (TSOCA) with an aim to render service in inspection and certification of agricultural products and food processing by assessing the conformity of the products with NPOP standards and other International standards with the following objectives.
- To maintain an effective quality system to ensure compliance with ISO 65 standards and other relevant organic standards.
- To ensure that the organic products certified in the State conforms to the standards prescribed by NPOP.
- To maintain and make available to public residue free organic products through a credible certification system.
- To provide and promote Technical knowledge required by the operators / farmers in producing quality organic products.
- To grant certificates and license for the use of certification mark under the Organic Production Certification mark Regulation Act, 2002 and as per the procedures prescribed by TSOCA.
- To carry out educational programmes to promote use of certified organic products including publication of list of operators and provide such information to NAB (APEDA).